Saturday, June 21, 2014

What is this blog about?

I grew up in Chicago and I'm an incredibly patriotic American, right down to the goose bumps when I hear the national anthem.

I loved Chicago.  I lived there until I was 27 and I loved walking there in the spring. I went to the University of Chicago and I loved Hyde Park and the quiet streets.  I thought I'd never leave and then....

By accident I traveled to Colorado and I fell in love with the Rockies and the big skies and the bright sun.  Met my hubby in the mountains and I never wanted to leave, but we kept leaving, first to Christchurch, NZ, then back to the Rockies, then Wasilla, Alaska, then back to the Rockies, then away to Chicago, then back to the Rockies.....and then

We moved to Jerusalem.  This patriotic American took a full four years to adjust.  Now in addition to still being a patriot American,  I am also an intensely patriotic Israeli, a Zionist. And by the way, I am what they call here dati leumi, orthodox, a spinner, weaver, doll maker, dog babysitter, former homeschooler....mom, grandma

Like my grandma Ida, I love the news, news shows, talk shows, opinion pieces, raves. 

And I am AMAZED at all the lies in the news about Israel!  And not just the lies about Israel but the  lies about the Jews, the Arabs, the Bible, Islam -- just for a start.  So I am going to set a lofty goal for this blog: this blog will be about the truth.

This is not "my truth" or "my narrative" -- rather the truth here is based on research, data, verification, care with context and checking sources.  I have included some people's opinions because, well, they're just entertaining -- but they are obviously opinions, not facts.

So here's my best shot.

love,
paula

No comments:

Post a Comment